- We are a generational family who are committed to a ministry that will have a positive influence on the lives of youth. We desire to produce the highest quality of strawberries while at the same time to provide opportunities to help nurture the nation's finest youth.
- Our ministry is to provide an opportunity for the youth of our community to have a place to start working and gain in their personal growth. We also desire to set a positive example of behavior and teach youth basic work ethics.
- Are you at least 12 years old and interested in a job opportunity with Klicker Strawberries™? If so, see below for more information.
With operating and labor costs at an all-time high, we must keep our labor force at numbers that maximize our opportunity make a profit and remain in business. Therefore we will be employing pickers who are at least 12 years old, respectful, committed to working at least 5 days a week/4-6 hours a day through the harvest season, and who we believe to have the best potential to be productive. Picking payment is by the flat. We cannot guarantee that all who apply get hired. In addition, basic mental and physical requirements must be met.
Application packets are available via the application process (see below). The packet includes:
- Parent/School Authorization Form - if you are under 18; requires a PROOF OF AGE document (can be a copy)
- I-9 Form - Government requirement to show lots of ORIGINAL/CERTIFIED documents Click here to see on last page of the I-9 (Exp. 08/31/2019) a list of acceptable documents. You will need one (1) document from column A OR one (1) document from BOTH column B and C.
- W-4 - Government requirement for paycheck taxes
- Parent/Picker Letter - Job overview, procedures, work & safety rules, pay rate etc.
If you are a first time applicant, examples of some of the required documents you may need to bring with you are:
- Original or Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate
- Original Social Security Card
- Photo ID (school ID card works) or School Report Card
Even if you have worked for us before, you still may be required to bring some of the above documentation.
Schedule & Transportation:
We begin picking at 7:00 am and usually pick for approximately 4-6 hours.
Employees are responsible for getting their own transportation to work. Since our ending times vary, we offer, as a convenience, three approximate bus routes that cover the city limits of Walla Walla and College Place to return employees near home after work. If these approximate bus routes are not near your home, the employee will need to make arrangements to be picked up at the farm or picked up at drop off points along our approximate routes. Hard copies of maps available at time of Application Appointment.
If you are interested in employment for the 2018 harvest, please check back in the Spring for further information.
Summer Harvest Office Hours:
Non-Harvest Office Hours - Closed